Old Photos of Liverpool, Maps and Old Liverpool Books

 Liverpool City Group
  past and present

 



Welcome to our extensive gallery of old images of Liverpool. Mostly, they have been collected from our extensive library of old Liverpool books, all of which have been out of circulation for more than a 100 years.

In order to make these very rare Liverpool books availability for you today, we have meticulously and faithfully reproduced them in epub eBook format so you can see and purchase them for your own collection in our shop

Results that match your search: 357


Pages: [<<] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [>>]

Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-nicholas-place-1895
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St Nicholas Place, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1895

  In the days before the Liver Building.

  REF: 3959


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-johns-lane
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St Johns Lane, Centre-Town, L.1 -

 

  REF: 3955


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-johns-lane-1959
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St Johns Lane, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1959

 

  REF: 3954


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-johns-gardens-view-1950
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St John's Garden St Johns Lane, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1950

 

  REF: 3953


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-johns-gardens-c1900
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St John's Garden St Johns Lane, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1900

 

  REF: 3952


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-johns-gardens-2
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St John's Garden St Johns Lane, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1900

 

  REF: 3951


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-james-cemetery-1850
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St James' Cemetery St James Mount, Centre-South, L.1 - 1850

  As described in "A History of Liverpool" in the year 1907

In 1816, for example, a memorial was sent up by a number of leading townsmen suggesting that a ' spacious handsome public road with wide footpaths planted on each side with two rows of trees ' should be laid out, to run round the whole boundary of the old township. Such a scheme could have been carried out at very little expense at that time ; and how vastly it would have improved the aspect of the modern city! But the Council only curtly replied that ' the memorial cannot be entertained.'

The same memorialists, with as little success, asked that ' open pieces of land in the outskirts of the town (now covered with mean streets) should be appropriated to the amusements of the working classes.' This is the first proposal to institute parks or playgrounds ; but the need for such luxuries had not yet been felt. Indeed, one of the most striking features of the Liverpool of this date was the absence of any pleasant green places of public resort. There had been two Ladies' Walks, bordered with trees, where hooped and furbelowed dames paced, attended by their squires. One of these ran from Oldhall Street to the river, the other between Bold Street and Duke Street. Both had vanished before 1795, the one to make way for the Leeds and Liverpool canal, while the other was built upon. Our caustic critic in that year says there are ' no walks - commerce alone appears to engage the attention of the inhabitants.' The only places of public resort of this kind in the early nineteenth century were the little gardens on St. James' Mount, and a short parade on the sea-ward side of the George's Dock, much frequented by ladies.

  REF: 3948


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-james-cemetery-1843
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St James' Cemetery St James Mount, Centre-South, L.1 - 1843

 

  REF: 3947


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-james-cemetery-1831
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St James' Cemetery St James Mount, Centre-South, L.1 - 1831

  As described in "Bygone Liverpool" in the year 1913

THE Cemetery was consecrated in 1829, and this view gives an excellent idea of the neighbourhood as it was at that date. St. James's Mount has become additionally important since it has been selected as the site for the Liverpool Cathedral. The illustration shows Gambier Terrace and a portion of Hope Street, together with the Catacombs hewn in the sides of the road descending into the Cemetery.

The ancient quarry which existed here at an early date, was responsible for an accumulation of mounds of unsightly rubbish, and in 1767, when there was a bitter winter, and employment was difficult to obtain, the Corporation decided to relieve the distress by giving work to the unemployed, which work consisted in removing the rubbish and forming the district into a pleasure-ground. The object was accomplished, and a writer of that day describes the pleasure he had in ascending " Mount Sion " - the spot is so named on Perry's Map of 1769 - and enjoying the view over the River Mersey into Wirral, with the Welsh mountains forming an imposing background.

The tomb seen nearly in the centre of the engraving is that of William Huskisson, M.P. for Liverpool, who was killed at the opening of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, and whose body was interred in the Cemetery soon after it was opened. The tomb consists of a small circular temple, and the marble statue of Huskisson was executed by John Gibson, R.A.

  REF: 3946


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-james-cemetery-2-1831
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St James' Cemetery St James Mount, Centre-South, L.1 - 1831

 

  REF: 3945


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-james-cemetery-2-c1800
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St James' Cemetery St James Mount, Centre-South, L.1 - 1800

  As described in "Smith's Strangers Guide to Liverpool" in the year 1843

ST. JAMES' CEMETERY is situated between Upper Parliament-street, and Duke-street, along the lower side of Hope-street. It contains 44,000 square yards of ground, which was originally a stone quarry, but was converted into a cemetery, and consecrated on 12th January, 1829. The land was given for the purpose by the Corporation, and the sum of 20,000 was raised by subscription to carry into effect the designs of a committee of management. It has the appearance of a narrow dell, the west side of which is covered with rich foliage, and the east side is arranged in inclined planes or terraces, cut from the solid rock, which, being without wood, have a very bare appearance The catacombs or vaults, 105 in number, are hewn from the rock, and are entered from these terraces. The lower part of the cemetery is studded with graves tastefully arranged; and it is ornamented with serpentine walks, and shrubberies filling up the remainder ; causing this mournful habitation of the King of terrors to have little of the gloominess which generally characterizes the abodes of the dead.

The oratory is placed on the edge of a perpendicular rock, at the north west corner, and is reached from the lower part of the cemetery by a small tunnel cut through the rock, leading to the platform on which the chapel is situated. It is a fine specimen of the Grecian Doric architecture, and is a perfect model of a Greek Hypaethral temple. It has a portico at each end, consisting of a pediment supported by six fluted columns, and is lighted from the roof. The floor of the interior is of mosaic work, and there are several well-executed busts ranged round the building. Near the oratory, enclosed by a shrubbery, is the clergyman's house.

In the centre of the lower part of the cemetery is a circular mausoleum, similar to the lantern of Demosthenes, at Athens, consisting of a rustic basement, supporting ten three-quarter Corinthian columns, surmounted by a cornice and dome. It was erected by public subscription in memory of William Huskisson, Esq., M.P., who was unfortunately killed on the day of the opening of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, on the 15th September, 1830, by a locomotive engine passing over his body. The light is admitted from near the roof, and falls with effect on the statue of the lamented Huskisson within. The figure is standing erect, habited in the Roman Toga, with the arms folded on the breast. The artist has happily caught an expression of countenance which the senator frequently exhibited, and has represented it with feeling and vigour. The mausoleum was erected by Messrs. Tomkinson and Son, and the statue was executed by our townsman, Mr. Gibson. Closer inspection of the figure may be procured by obtaining the key from the clerk, at the south end of the cemetery.

The number of interments at this cemetery during 1841, was 1074.

  REF: 3944


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-georges-plateau-liverpool-1907
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St Georges Plateau, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1907

 

  REF: 3942


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-georges-hall-1913
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St George's Hall St Georges Plateau, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1913

 

  REF: 3937


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-georges-plateau-1881
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St Georges Plateau, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1881

 

  REF: 3935


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-georges-hall-interior-1856
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St George's Hall St Georges Plateau, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1856

 

  REF: 3934


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-georges-hall-and-st-johns-church-1855
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St George's Hall St Georges Plateau, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1855

 

  REF: 3933


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-georges-hall-1843
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St George's Hall St Georges Plateau, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1843

  As described in "A History of Liverpool" in the year 1907

One enterprise of these years, not begun by the Council but warmly supported by it, and at a later date taken over by it, must not pass without mention. This was the proposal to erect a worthy public hall for the city, to be called St. George's Hall. A subscription of 25,000 was raised, and the council voted the old site of the Royal Infirmary, which had recently moved up to Pembroke Place. Here began, above the rather slovenly but not unpicturesque houses which then occupied both sides of Shaw's Brow (now William Brown Street), that noble building, one of the noblest in the modern world, which is to-day the supreme architectural boast of the city. That it should have been so amply planned was evidence that a new spirit of civic pride was rising in the city.

Its architect, Harvey Lonsdale Elmes, was a mere boy when his design was chosen, and he died before it was completed in 1854. But the choice of him is a remarkable proof of that good taste in architecture which Liverpool had long possessed, and of that good fortune in her public buildings which has never deserted the city.

  REF: 3932


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-st-georges-crescent-and-lord-street-2-1900
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St Georges Crescent, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1900

  As described in "Bygone Liverpool" in the year 1913

ON November 2, 1825, just forty years after the date of the first Improvement Act of 1785, the Council resolved to apply for an Act for opening and widening Lord Street, Castle Ditch, Pool Lane, and other places, where the houses were old and had become dilapidated, whilst the streets were very narrow and unsuitable for the growing commerce and population of the town. The Act having been obtained, the houses of the Castle Ditch, opposite to St. George's Church, were demolished, and the building of St. George's Crescent was commenced in May of 1827.

The appearance of the town was greatly improved by the erection of these handsome buildings, and the great improvement was noticed. These very necessary improvements cost the town the large sum of 170,000. But it was money well spent, and a writer of the period says, " We congratulate the Town and Corporation of Liverpool on the happy issue of their recent exertions for its improvement, which have invested it with a grandeur and magnificence that will enable it to contest the palm of enterprise with the Metropolis itself."

  REF: 3931


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-springfield-house-1843
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Springfield House Eaton Road, Knotty Ash, L14 - 1843

  As described in Wikipedia

Springfield Park is a 22-acre (8.9 ha) park in Liverpool, England.

It is located in the suburb of Knotty Ash, and lies to the north of Prescot Road. It is bounded on its north side by Alder Hey Children's Hospital, the park has a direct track that links to the Trans Pennine Trail. It also has a path that leads into Alder Veterinary Hospital's Car-park and then continues to Eaton Road.

Springfield was originally the estate and grounds of Springfield House, one of a number of wealthy properties on the outskirts of the city. After a succession of owners, the estate was acquired in 1907 by Liverpool City corporation as a public amenity. The house, which stood in the north-west corner of the park, and the lodge at the front entrance, are no longer standing.

  REF: 3928


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-sluice-house-1800
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: The Sluice House Liverpool, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1800

 

  REF: 3926


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-silk-house-lane-1853
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Silk House Lane, Centre-Town, L.2 - 1843

 

  REF: 3925


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-shipping-on-the-mersey-2-1950
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Shipping on the Mersey Liverpool, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1950

 

  REF: 3923


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-shipping-on-the-mersey-1950
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Shipping on the Mersey Liverpool, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1950

 

  REF: 3922


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-shipping-on-the-mersey-1882
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Shipping on the Mersey Liverpool, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1882

  The rapid increase in the amount of Shipping belonging to Liverpool, has taken place almost entirely of late years, since the improvements in science have given a new stimulus to commercial enterprise. In 1540 Liverpool had only twelve vessels, of 177 tons burthen, and manned by seventy-five men, while in 1840, after a lapse of three centuries, she could boast of 15,998 vessels, of 2,445,708 tons, having entered the port during the short space of one year.

The number of vessels in the port at one time, exclusive of those discharging or loading in part at Runcorn, frequently amounts to upwards of 800.

The tonnage of Liverpool shipping, 1,768,426 in 1835, had risen to 5,728,504 in 1870 and 15,996,387 by 1905.

  REF: 3921


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-sessions-house-1887
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: The Sessions House William Brown Street, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1887

  Located next to the Walker Art Gallery, it opened in 1884.

  REF: 3919


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-seel-street-st-peters-school-evacuation-2-1939
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St Peter's School Evacuation Seel Street, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1939

 

  REF: 3918


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-seel-street-st-peters-school-evacuation-1939
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St Peter's School Evacuation Seel Street, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1939

  The school children being sent to live in 'safer' parts of the UK at the start of the Second World War. They mostly went to Wales.

  REF: 3917


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-school-lane-1843
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: School Lane, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1843

 

  REF: 3916


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-salthouse-dock-1920
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Salthouse Dock, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1920

 

  REF: 3915


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-salthouse-dock-2-1900
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Salthouse Dock, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1900

 

  REF: 3914


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-salthouse-dock-1890
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Salthouse Dock, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1890

  As described in "Smith's Strangers Guide to Liverpool" in the year 1843

SALTHOUSE DOCK is connected with Canning Dock, and was made, at the same period. Its name was derived from the circumstance of there being at the bottom of Orford-street a saltwork. which is now removed to Garston, about six miles up the river. The shallowness of this dock rendered it unavailable for the larger vessels, and it was therefore appropriated chiefly to coasters and traders.

The alterations now in progress on Salthouse Dock and the adjoining land are very considerable, and are being executed according to the plans of Mr. Hartley, the dock surveyor; his proposals, after considerable delay and careful examination, having been considered the best adapted to the present circumstances of the port.

They consist of the enlargement of Salthouse Dock northward, making it of a more rectangular form, and deepening it; and the erection of a commodious new dock, on the space towards the river, formerly occupied by warehouses, ship-building yards, &c. will be of a rectangular form, entered from the present passage to Canning Dock, at the mouth of which gates will be placed, communicating also with Salthouse Dock, by a gate on the east side ; the whole to be surrounded by warehouses on the quay, after the plan of those at the London docks, with a marine parade on the west side.

The 'New Dock' mentioned was, of course, the Albert Dock.

  REF: 3913


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-salthouse-dock-1753
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Salthouse Dock, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1753

  As described in "A History of Liverpool" in the year 1907

But the most marked sign of a new age was the building of the first dock - the first wet dock erected in the modern world. The act empowering the creation of the dock was obtained in 1709, but it was not until 1715 that it was completed. It was mainly the enterprise of Sir Thomas Johnson that led to this immense and fruitful departure ; but the credit must be shared with the engineer, Mr. Thomas Steers of London, who carried out the scheme, and who may fairly claim to be the inventor of wet docks. The cost of the dock was materially reduced by utilising the broad mouth of the old Pool. The upper reaches of the Pool were, at the same time, closed and partially filled in, and the site remained a stretch of marshy ground until, at a later date. Paradise Street and Whitechapel arose upon it.

The filling up of the Pool removed another and still more noteworthy landmark of mediaeval Liverpool : a geographical feature which had caused the first origins of the town. Had it been maintained and walled in, it would greatly have added to the town's picturesqueness ; but it would not be fair on this account to fall short in respect to the townsmen whose spirited enterprise at once turned Liverpool into the best and safest port in the kingdom, and gave it an immense impetus on its career. So valuable did the dock prove to be that it was immediately added to by the creation of a tidal basin or ' dry dock,' to the north of it ; while in 1734 a new dock to the south was begun, which (not being built in a natural inlet) took nineteen years to build. Primarily intended for the Cheshire salt-trade, it stood beside a great saltworks which had for some time existed on the waste ground south of the Pool, and thus obtained the name of the Salthouse dock.

  REF: 3912


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-sailors
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Typical Sailors Liverpool, Centre-Town, L.1 - c1890

 

  REF: 3911


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-penningtons-pottery-1860
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Pennington's Pottery Shaws Brow, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1860

  As described in "Bygone Liverpool" in the year 1913

The present volume contains several illustrations of this industry, which at one time seemed as though it was going to be Liverpool's most important manufacture, but causes which need not be entered on here, deprived the town of an industry which might have given employment to a large section of the community. The industry was an old one in the town, there being some faience punch bowls attributed to Liverpool as early as about 1700 ; and there is documentary evidence that pottery was made in Liverpool towards the end of the seventeenth century.

John Pennington perfected the use of transfers onto pottery. Shaws Brow was later renamed William Brown Street.

  REF: 3866


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-mill-on-the-mount-1843
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: The Mill on the Mount St James Mount, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1843

 

  REF: 3842


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-mersey-mission-1899
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: The Seamens Institute , Centre-Town, L.1 - 1899

 

  REF: 3838


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-lime-street-and-st-georges-hall-1895
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St George's Hall Lime Street, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1895

 

  REF: 3806


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-hope-street-st-james-cemetery-1829
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St James' Cemetery Hope Street, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1829

  As described in "Smith's Strangers Guide to Liverpool" in the year 1843

ST. JAMES' CEMETERY

is situated between Upper Parliament-street, and Duke-street, along the lower side of Hope-street. It contains 44,000 square yards of ground, which was originally a stone quarry, but was converted into a cemetery, and consecrated on 12th January, 1829. The land was given for the purpose by the Corporation, and the sum of 20,000 was raised by subscription to carry into effect the designs of a committee of management. It has the appearance of a narrow dell, the west side of which is covered with rich foliage, and the east side is arranged in inclined planes or terraces, cut from the solid rock, which, being without wood, have a very bare appearance The catacombs or vaults, 105 in number, are hewn from the rock, and are entered from these terraces. The lower part of the cemetery is studded with graves tastefully arranged; and it is ornamented with serpentine walks, and shrubberies filling up the remainder ; causing this mournful habitation of the King of terrors to have little of the gloominess which generally characterizes the abodes of the dead.

The oratory is placed on the edge of a perpendicular rock, at the north west corner, and is reached from the lower part of the cemetery by a small tunnel cut through the rock, leading to the platform on which the chapel is situated. It is a fine specimen of the Grecian Doric architecture, and is a perfect model of a Greek Hypaethral temple. It has a portico at each end, consisting of a pediment supported by six fluted columns, and is lighted from the roof. The floor of the interior is of mosaic work, and there are several well-executed busts ranged round the building. Near the oratory, enclosed by a shrubbery, is the clergyman's house.

  REF: 3793


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-great-charlotte-street-st-johns-market-interior-1831
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St John's Market, Interior Great Charlotte Street, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1831

 

  REF: 3787


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-great-charlotte-street-st-johns-market-1831
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St John's Market Great Charlotte Street, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1831

  As described in "Smith's Strangers Guide to Liverpool" in the year 1843

ST. JOHNS MARKET.

This extensive building is situated in Great Charlotte-street, near Clayton and Williamson Squares, and was erected from the designs of Mr. Foster, in 1822. It is built of brick, and is 183 yards long, and 45 yards wide, enclosing an area of 8235 square yards. The roof is light and in five ranges, with side lights, supported on 116 slender cast-iron pillars twenty-five feet high, and the building is divided into five avenues, extending the entire length. It is lighted by 136 windows, and has numerous entrances. The walls are lined by shops, and the sides of the different avenues are occupied by stalls, on which are offered for sale provisions of every description. The total number of shops, stalls, and standings, amounts to 669, which, in 1840-41, realized the sum of 5,344 to the corporation as rent. Below the south-west end of the building are a number of store cellars. On entering this market the stranger cannot fail to be astonished at the magnitude and lightness of this extensive building ; and at night, when lighted by gas, it presents a brilliant appearance. It is closed at eight o'clock every evening, except Wednesdays and Saturdays, when it is open till ten.

  REF: 3786


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-early-steam-wagon-1902
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: An early steam engine , Centre-Town, L.1 - 1902

 

  REF: 3761


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-docks-st-georges-church-1830
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St George's Church From the docks, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1830

 

  REF: 3750


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-blue-coat-school-1843
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Blue-coat School and Hospital School Lane, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1843

 

  REF: 3721


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-blue-coat-school-1836
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Blue-coat School and Hospital School Lane, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1836

  As described in "A History of Liverpool" in the year 1907

Far more important was the foundation of that most venerable of Liverpool charities, the Blue-coat Hospital, which owes its existence to the kindliness of the Rev. Robert Stythe, one

of the first rectors of Liverpool, and its earliest endowments above all to the rare generosity of Bryan Blundell. Blundell was a master mariner and part-owner of his own vessel ; he belonged to a family which had been settled in Liverpool since the time of Elizabeth. Deeply impressed by the plight of destitute orphans in the streets of his native town, he joined Mr. Stythe, in 1708, in opening a day school for fifty boys, and then set to work to collect money to establish a permanent building where they could be housed and fed. He left the sea to devote himself to this worthy hobby. He himself gave one-tenth of his whole means, and collected 3,000 by personal begging. Prospering in business, he devoted throughout the remainder of his life a tithe of his income to aid the maintenance of the school ; and before he died in 1756, had the satisfaction of seeing his charity firmly established, and commanding the interest and support of all that was respectable in Liverpool.

  REF: 3719


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-berry-street-st-lukes-church-1831
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: St Lukes Church Berry Street, Centre-Town, L.1 - 1831

 

  REF: 3716


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-anglican-cathedral-1965
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Anglican Cathedral St James Mount, Centre-South, L.1 - 1965

 

  REF: 3713


Liverpool, history, liverpool-history-l1-anglican-cathedral-1904-1978
Location: Liverpool

Category: history

Address: Anglican Cathedral St James Mount, Centre-South, L.1 - 1904 - 1978

 

  REF: 3711


Liverpool, streets, liverpool-streets-l8-typical-byles-street-houses-1930
Location: Liverpool

Category: streets

Address: Sandbeck Street, Dingle, L.8 - 1930

  Typical of the houses here

  REF: 3699


Liverpool, streets, liverpool-streets-l8-typical-byles-street-houses-1930
Location: Liverpool

Category: streets

Address: South Street, Dingle, L.8 - 1930

  Typical of the houses here

  REF: 3692


Liverpool, landmarks, liverpool-landmarks-l25-strawberry-fields-house-beaconsfield-road
Location: Liverpool

Category: landmarks

Address: Strawberry Field House Beaconsfield Road, Woolton, L25 - 1900

 

  REF: 3648



Pages: [<<] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [>>]


Search More Images


Get to know the real authentic 'Old Liverpool' now by starting your own collection of 'Old Liverpool Books'

What's New
     

Liverpool City Group - past and present
Liverpool City Group Home
  Customer Services
 
 
Liverpool City Group Home

Liverpool City Group - Past and Present